Congratulations! You have made it through the pre-screening interview, the human resources interview, the hiring manager’s interview, and now you are about to interview with THE DECISION MAKER. It is crucial that you are well prepared.
There are many things that you can do ahead of time to prepare for this make it or break it interview and move yourself a step above of the competition. The first is to reach out to the last person you interviewed with and ask them for guidance as to how to best tackle this interview:
- What is the name, title and what role of the individual I will be interviewing with?
- What are some specifics that he / she looks for in a candidate?
- Based on what you know about me, where am I going to be strong or weak in the eyes of this individual?
- What are the things from our initial ‘interview’ that I need to emphasize in my interview with him/her?
- Is there anything in my experience or background that I should emphasize or elaborate about?
- How many people are moving up in the interviewing process?
- Hiring Manager, in this next interview, I was going to present myself in the same manner that I presented myself to you with the addition of a 30-60-90 Day Strategy. Can you give me any pointers on how I might be able to present myself as a stronger candidate?
- If you were going to personally rank the candidates that this individual is going to talk to, how would you rank me?
- If , in your estimate I may not rank number one, what do I need to do in order to become your number one candidate?
- If, in your estimate I do rank number one, what do I need to continue to do to remain the number one candidate?
- Hiring Manager, what in your opinion makes me a unique candidate and what do I need to do, in your opinion, to get the job?
- Hiring Manager, do I have your support in getting this job? If it were totally up to you, would you hire me for this position?
- Do you have any specific concerns? What are my strengths and weaknesses that you think I should emphasize or shore up?
- How would our roles be similar? How would they differ?
- I have created a 30-60-90 Day Strategic Powerpoint presentation for this interview. Have you had a chance to review and/or critique it?